River City Youth Ops’ urban farm is offering our 20-week veggie subscription (also known as Community Supported Agriculture or CSA) full of healthy, fresh, and super locally grown produce. All produce is grown in the West Central Neighborhood by neighborhood kids that we hire and engage in personal and professional development through community engagement, job training, and education.
Not only do you get to enjoy the fresh taste of Spokane at every meal, but you’re also helping employ youth, create beautiful farms in vacant lots, and help the farm stay healthy year-round!
How does it work?
- Pay for your veggie subscription in advance.
- Pick up your weekly box of veggies.
- Follow us on instagram (@rcyouthops) or facebook for recipes and ideas on how to use the produce.
- Enjoy locally grown, ultra fresh produce all season long!
What do you get?
- 20 weeks of locally grown produce from June - October
- Recipe ideas as researched and tested by our Youth Farm Crew
- An example of a mid-July share would be:
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 bunch beets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch of radishes
How much does it cost?
- $500 for 20 weeks (that’s $25 per week!)
- Sponsor a week of produce for another West Central Resident: $25
- Sign up to volunteer for 5-10 hours and receive 5-10% off the full price!
Where and when to pick up?
Shares can be picked up on Thursdays (4pm-6pm) at West Central Episcopal Mission; 1832 W. Dean Avenue, Spokane, WA, 99201. We will be ready to accept cash/card/check. You can pay for the full Veggie Subscription ($500).
Remember to bring your own reusable shopping bag!
Yes, please! How do I sign up?
Spots are limited, so sign up soon! We are keeping our shares limited to 25. Subscribe online below or call 509-703-7433 to sign up. To share the veggie love with a West Central resident, add a Pay it Forward Veggie Box to your order.
River City Youth Ops’ urban farm is offering a 20-week veggie subscription (also known as Community Supported Agriculture or C.S.A.) full of healthy, fresh, and super locally grown produce.
Your subscription creates opportunities for youth enrichment through community engagement, job training and education. All produce is grown in the West Central Neighborhood by youth participants in our job training program.
Want to set up payments? Call 509.703.7433 or email email@example.com.